Friday, May 9, 2008

Hmmmmm

Well, it has been chilly and gloomy around here.Supposed to change.I was told at work that they are watching me. I said go right ahead.I know in my heart when I go to work... I work.Now they said they were not taking any hours away.All was ok.Hmmmm...We have been enjoying the spa the lady gave us.Easy to take care of.I have been cutting off the old blooms from the geraniums. Today after work I need to trim more and clean the mess up.I am waiting patiently for my hanging strawberry and tomato kits.Supposed to grow upside down in a tube.I once grew peanuts just to see if it would work. It did.Hope all is good with everyone.All the moms have a Blessed Mothers Day. Love Corky and Kay.

6 comments:

Jayne said...

Hey Kay, what do you do for work? Glad you are blogging, good to stay in touch with you guys! Thanks for all the prayer and encouragement...and Have a WONDERFUL Mother's Day!!! =)

Corky and Kay said...

Have a Wonderful Mothers day also Jayne.I work in the school cafeteria feeding the little kids. I really enjoy it. We use ice cream scoopers in different sizes for the servings. Somedays you just giggle because if you are scooping mashed potatoes. Some kids have this look of alarm on their face and ask is that lard.??Then if you have choclate cake.They come back and say I didn
't get my cake.Their face is covered in chocolate.Then somedays you get these kids who are big stinkers. Oh well. Someone has to be that way huh. Makes for a fun old world we live in.Have a Blessed Day. Love Kay

Jayne said...

I can only imagine all the different kinds of kids you run into! Good for you for serving them the food...do you help with the cooking too?

Corky and Kay said...

I help cook sometimes. If the manager doesn't get everything done before I get there. Also if she is hurt I go in way early and do all the cooking and then my job. Makes for along day then.

Jayne said...

Wow...I'm impressed! That's hard work!!! Good for you!!! I am so glad to be able to stay in contact with you..these blogs are such a blessing, feels like we see everbody all the time! Bless you!!!

Corky and Kay said...

We usually serve between 400 and 500 kids a day. Have to be done in an hour. So its hurry, hurry. Yesterday was a bad day because we had orange chicken with rice. The kids love it but it just about kills your arms from all the heavy lifting.I enjoy this blog too. Nice to keep in contact with family.